Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Harvest soup (or so I call it)

Since it is harvesting time I seem to make this soup a lot. I don't have a real set recipe for it but I'll give you a round about recipe and you can do whatever you'd like to it. (It is really good for freezing)

1 pound ground beef (browned)
1 or 2 cans (8 oz) tomato soup
1 or 2 cups chicken broth (I add as little or as much of this as I want depending upon how much soup i want to make)
1 can petite tomatoes (fresh work too)
1/2 onion
Vegetables from the garden/freezer/can (my favorites are zucchini, corn, green beans, carrots)
Taco seasoning to taste (I like to use a mixture or regular and hot to spice it up a bit or I'll add a jalapeno or cajun seasoning for spice)

Combine ingredients and bring to boil. Continue boiling until vegetables are tender.

1 comment: