2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar (reduce to 1-1/4 cups for a less sweeter taste)
1/4 cup water
4 cups semi-sweet , divided (24 ounces) You can use semi-sweet, dark, or milk chocolate depending on what you like. I use the milk chocolate.
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted; cool slightly, beat in vanilla.
- In a mixing bowl,whisk eggs, gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
- Mix together flour, ; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (don't over bake) Mine took just over 40min.