Saturday, October 9, 2010

Chicken and Dumplings

So I have a husband who LOVES chicken and dumplings. I've tried it a couple times since being married and have never been able to get them to turn out correctly. Today I came across this very easy recipe! I don't have a soup recipe for you because usually I just wing it. I typically just make a thick chicken broth and add chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Anyway here is the dumpling recipe:

2 Cups flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 Tbsp soft margarine or butter
1 Cup milk (or more)

Combine: lour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in soft butter. Gradually stir in milk (add enough to be sure dough stays very moist and sticky).

Drop dumplings into simmering soup. You can drop in about a tsp for small dumplings and about a Tbsp or larger ones. (They do not need to be round because they are going to plump up anyway). Place lid on pan and simmer on a low heat. Check after 10 minutes. You can check with a knife to be sure center is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment